Friday, August 16, 2013

Upcycled Bottle Top Ring Construction


I had several of those rings from the tops of plastic bottles, so I made a fun little thing with them. The rings are secured to one another with pieces of duct tape. The original intention was to make an octahedron since I had eight rings (faces), but it kind of turned into something else...at the top and bottom, four faces come together to meet at one vertex, but around the middle, instead of having four points where four faces meet up, there are eight points where three faces come together.


Here's a pic of one of the eight vertexes where three faces meet. It's quite fun to play with and it actually bounces a little bit. I might dismantle it when I've collected another four rings and repurpose it into a dodecahedron though.


A shot from the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment